Steam in China
List of Steam Locations in China - Extracts from Chinese Rail Newsgroups
The following list was send to the Steam_in_China-Newsgroup by Robin Gibbons summarizing recent postings on "Hasea Newsgroup" and "Changjiang Newsgroup".
No guarantee regarding corectness!
- SY 1576 was recently seen at Nanxiang depot (Shanghai) after overhaul.
- At Genshanmen station (one station N of Hangzhou) are 11 withdrawn
JS 8165, 8168, 8172, 8362, 8382, 8400, 8401, 8402, 8404, 8406, 8407
- Also in Hangzhou at Qiaosi station (N of Genshanmen) are
two "strategic" JS 8361 and 8381 (aaargh no, it's the strategic
- Tianjin steelworks has SY 0627 and 0691
- QJ 7207 is at a power station in Datong
- Zhuzhou power station has SYs
- Beipiao Iron mine (Liaoning) has a JS (oou)
- Between Tumu and Shacheng Dong (w of Beijing), at the bridge
construction yard, there are at least two QJ/JS in use
- Jilin Ferroalloy Factory has SYs
- At the former Xinzhan depot (E of Jilin) there are many former Jilin
and Xinzhan QJs and JS, including the last China Rail QJ.
- QJ 6560 is still at the SanMao (I have seen this mentioned elsewhere
and wonder whether this loco has been deliberately kept for
- JS 6257 is at Chengchao Iron mine (Wuhan Steel)
- There are two withdrawn QJs and one JS at Jinzhou depot, including
QJ 7103 and JS 6461.
- JS 6211 and 8116 are in use at Jinzhou power station
- A JS at Jinzhou No 701 factory
- Huludao Cement Works has JS and SY (nos not known).(Huludao-Yangjiazhangzi line with 4JS and 2 SY, FM)
- There is a QJ at Shouyangshan Power Station (two stations east of
- Mianchi coal mine has at least one QJ and JS (Mianchi is west of
- Zhengzhou Aluminium factory has at least one SY
- Yima Mining bureau has at least two JS
- Huaibei rail transportation office (Huaibei is in Anhui, SW of
Xuzhou) had SY 1429, 1447, 2014, QJs 2092 2277, 3313, 7177, 7178,
7183, 7184 plus five JS. The post says the locos were sold to the
National Railways last year, which sounds difficult to believe –
perhaps another local/industrial railway?
- QJ 1997 is at Datong (presumably the loco works)
- SY 0309 and 0688 are at Shahe Steel Wire works (Shahe is N of
Beijing on the way to Nankou)
- SY 0008 and 0124 are at Baotou Beifang Zhonggong Jituan (Northern
Heavy Industries Group?)
- Zaozhuang Mining bureau rail transportation office has around 10 QJ,
JS and JF in use (Zaozhuang is N of Xuzhou not far from Peitun)
- Jiangyou (N of Chengdu) power station has two SYs
- Hainan has JS 6502-13 (not in regular use)
- JS 8258 is at Wujing Coking Plant in Shanghai
- Longchang – Luzhou in Sichuan has has three Qjs, two
of which are in use and one of which was overhauled in April 2003. All staff was trained on DF1 so it may be over there with QJ. Only very few trains (one to two per day)
- Deyang – Mianzhu (Sichuan) has SYs
- The Dukou branch at Panzihua (Sichuan) has SYs
- The Dongfeng Company (an automobile company) at Shiyan has 10+ SYs.
(Shiyan is west of Xiangfan, and someone has added that Zhangwan
station (which appears to be on the industrial complex) is a good
place to watch the activity).
- Liujiang Colliery near Qinhuangdao Bei has SYs.
- Daba Power Station in Ningxia has three QJs (probably DaGu railway with 11 QJs, FM)
- A recent post on Changjiang says that the Yanzhou Mining Bureau has
6-8 QJs. Yanzhou is north of Xuhou on the JingHu (Beijing -